Wednesday, July 21, 2010

3 Main Fears...

3 Main Fears During Preparation And Their Probable Solutions
 
Here, I am writing about some of the fears and tensions that haunt a candidate during preparation.
 
Let me tell you very clearly that no atheist can clear the test and the answer to all the fears and tensions lie in GOD.
 
  1. Fear of failure: Clearly the statistics show that out of 1,93,000 candidates that applied for CSE-2009, only 875 were able to clear finally. So, fear of failure is an always hanging sword. The only remedy is to boost up your confidence. UPSC civil services is a test of confidence. I can tell you from my experience. In my 1st attempt after the pre test, I know I won’t be able to clear the prelims as my test was worst. So was the result. In my second attempt, I was sure of passing the prelims after prelims test, so I did. But I was also sure of not clearing mains after mains as some of my papers did not go well, but I cleared mains only with  marginal marks and was finally left after interview. In my 3rd attempt, I was sure of passing prelims, I passed, I was sure of passing mains with good score, I passed, and in interview again, I was sure to get good number. Finally my expectations this year were to get a rank around 200 (By GOD’s grace I got 16th rank). Not here to praise myself, but just to tell you that its all a game of confidence. If you are confident to clear then no one can stop you.
 
  1. Fear of Career: Whether one should do some job or not, is the main tension, given that this age of 23-28 is the most productive age. The answer is equally difficult as preparing for civil services is in itself a full fledged job but without salary. But one can safely say that if some one is doing a govt. job then one should not leave it, private job can be left immediately. It’s because in govt. set up one can get leave easily to prepare. If you are doing a job, then you will realize that it will help you in interview. There it will act as a confidence booster.
 
 
  1. Tension of marriage and family responsibilities: This is most common tension as this is the age where the family responsibilities have to be shared. Even if your parents may give you some time to achieve your aim but there is one thing called “Relatives”. The relatives around you will squeeze you and your parents till the time you leave the preparation. Moreover if you have some siblings younger than you then automatically a pressure comes on you to hurry up the things.
 
Now I suggest some solutions:
 
  1. For fear of failure: As I said, confidence is the key to success. Confidence will come only through hard work. So, whenever a fear comes, start preparing with a new zeal and energy. Also start reading some good books on Indian Freedom Struggle and biographies of our freedom fighters. Realize the feelings of revolutionaries like Netaji Subash Chander Bose, Jatin Da, B.K.Dutt, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Chandershekhar Azad, Ram Prasad Bismil, Ashfaqula Khan, Kartar Singh Sarabha. If not biographies then at least 2-3 pages for each and every freedom fighter from internet/wikipedia. Believe me our difficulties are nothing in front of the difficulties faced by those great persons. We have to serve the country and we have to pass, that’s it. Nothing less than that. Be very clear why you want to enter the civil services. If you want money, go for CAT. If you want degrees, go abroad. But if you want to serve the motherland, go for civil services. Imbibe these feelings in your heart. These will give you confidence.
 
  1. For fear of career: As civil services is a gamble of life. If you are successful then you are the king and if you fail, then you are a beggar. Believe me, there are many persons who have lost their zeal of life after failing for consecutive 4 attempts. So, its always advisable to get a good govt. job in hand during preparation. If your financial conditions permit then you can go for whole time preparation too.
 
 
  1. For tension of marriage and family responsibilities: Have a clear talk with your parents. Convince them and they will convince every relative themselves. If there is some sibling younger than you, go for his/her marriage 1st. Remember, there are cases where married candidates have achieved good ranks but its advisable to avoid this responsibility till the date you can
 
Above all, as I said no atheist can clear this exam. Do go to Gurudwara, Temple , Mosque, Church, as per your conviction, daily (If possible) and once a week (must). Do prayer daily for 20-30 minutes. Believe me, “Bhagati Mein Hi Shakti Hain” and only the Almighty can give you tremendous enthusiasm that you can sustain the pressure of study, career, family responsibility. HE is Great. HE can do whatever HE wants. HE is the only solution to all your tensions and fears. Do not question HIS capability. Pray Him. It is the only and the best to get help.
 
Thanks
 
May Waheguru G make U an IAS officer.